Master of Science in Mathematics
Two Years Online Degree Programme
M.Sc. (Master of Science) Mathematics is a postgraduate programme in Mathematics that prepares students for dynamic careers in a variety of fields. The programme has a duration of two years which is divided into four semesters. The programme will provide a deeper knowledge of Mathematics, particularly in Advanced Data Analytics, Differential Equations, Topology, Number Theory and Linear Algebra, Statistical Inference and Stochastic Process, Advanced Operations Research and computational courses like Object Oriented Programming, R Programming with hands on training reflecting the world’s dependence on computation.
To be a Centre of Mathematics for Global Excellence conforming to International Standards to provide valuable resources to the Industry and Society
- Transferring ideas, methods and results from the Mathematical Sciences community to Engineering and Industrial groups
- Making Engineers to develop the mathematical thoughts and applying it to solve complex engineering problems, designing mathematical models to meet the requirements
- Providing an ambience for originality and creativity that leads to quality research and collaborative work
Programme Educational Objectives (PEO's)
Our Graduates would have the following traits upon successful completion of the degree.
- Understand the mathematical concepts and applications of algebra, analysis, computational techniques, optimization, differential equations and Graph Theory in Science, Engineering and Technology and prepare them for various research activities..
- Gain necessary skills and expertise in the field of research and developments in the emerging disciplines such as computational and biological Mathematics through seminar and dissertation..
- Apply reasoning ability, MOOC learning which enables to qualify various national and international level exams for better career options.
- To provide the student in-depth knowledge to the students in advanced mathematics and prepare them for various research activities
- To equip the student a good mathematical knowledge and enables to build mathematical thinking and skill
- To expose the student to real life problems in emerging disciplines such as Computational and Biological Mathematics
As a graduate of the Programme
- To achieve peer recognition as an individual or as a team member having specialized knowledge and expertise to investigate, formulate, analyze and implement on the problems of pure, applied and computational mathematics to compete at global level.
- To inculcate value system while working in a team assigned with targets utilising the critical thinking and mathematical competence holding the ethical values.
- Handle the advanced mathematical techniques to analyze and design algorithms for solving variety of problems related to real life problems.